Tuesday, February 10, 2009

NH SECEDES FROM UNION?!?!

So there's rumors flyin 'round that New Hampshire is threatening to secede from the United States of America. New legislation was passed recently condemning the federal government for its recent actions and claiming the right to basically leave when they please.

I'd assume this thing has been in the works for a while and it is only coincidence that it comes out shortly after a new, mulatto president is elected.



I for one think it's unfortunately, a load of hot air; a bluff meant to inspire the Americans to realize just how grave our current situation is and to take the power back from Washington. It's a scare tactic meant to do...I'm not exactly sure...but I'd have to agree with one digg commenter: "I'm actually naive enough to believe civil war would be kind of fun". This of course not meaning something similar to the moral struggle that consumed the entire nation and took the greatest number of American causalties of any war it's participated in. I see a new "civil war" as a reform of the Federal Government and the dawn of a new America. As good a wet dream as it may be, it would be a TERRIBLE IDEA. I can picture other countries coming into the fray and taking control as we ourselves are so fond of doing. What goes around comes around I suppose.

In the unlikely (and by that I mean impossible) event that New Hampshire were to secede, I would gladly leave my comfy dormroom at Keene State College and head to wherever the action is. I've been praying for something like this for a while. I've hoped that an event would swallow me whole and throw me into the belly of some kind of Ragnarok. From the looks of things though, I'm gonna have to wait it out til 2012 (sigh).



Anyway, here's a couple links about what's going on. Enjoy!

Organization bent on secesion and the formation of a new America that operates closer to the forefather's wishes from what I understand: http://www.republicofnh.org/

The actual legislation: http://www.gencourt.state.nh.us/legislation/2009/hcr0006.html



-Brien

No comments:

Post a Comment